Av360.exe – What is it?
Av360.exe (also referred to as A360 virus) is a rogue process that is associated with the malicious Antivirus 360 Program, which is a fake antivirus product.
Are Antivirus 360 and Norton Antivirus 360 the same programs?
No, they are not. Do not confuse Antivirus 360 with Norton Antivirus 360 program. Antivirus 360 is a counterfeit spyware program that issues fake warning messages and pop-ups to lure customers into buying the full version. Antivirus 360 is a clone of the infamous rogue software, Antivirus 2009. Norton Antivirus program is a legitimate antivirus program from Symantec Inc. and protects your computer from harmful programs and hackers.
Av360.exe – File Information
Av360.exe is usually located in C:\Program Files\A360 folder. You may find this file in 2,035,712, 1,585,664, 2,027,520, and 2,039,808 file sizes.
Av360.exe is also known to use the following filenames:
Av360.exe – File Behavior
The av360.exe is known to perform the following behavior:
- It disables the Notification Balloon for the Windows Security Center on Windows PCs.
- It creates and registers a BHO (Browser Helper Object) in the Internet Explorer.
- It creates other Processes on the infected computer.
- It resists interrogation by security products.
- It deletes legitimate processes.
- It communicates with other computers, using the HTTP protocol.
- It injects malicious codes into all running processes on the infected system to take control of the system, or monitor keyboard inputs, mouse activities, and screen contents.
- It registers a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file.
- It modifies the registry to auto start programs when the system boots.
I have Av360.exe virus – How do I remove it?
Is it possible to remove Av360.exe manually?
Yes, it is. However, when it comes to removing rogue processes and their associated malware, experts recommend that instead of attempting manual removal, one should always use the help of advanced security tools. The reason being, that the manual removal process usually does not ensures complete removal of the malicious process, such as av360.exe and its associated malware.
Also, deletion of a wrong file or termination of legitimate process during the manual removal process may cause serious damage to the security and stability of your computer.
Manual Av360.exe Removal Process
If you want to give it a try, then to remove Av360.exe manually, you need to complete the following tasks:
- Terminate Av360.exe processes
- Delete Av360.exe files
- Remove Av360.exe registry entries
Step 1 – Terminate Av360.exe processes
Open the Windows Task Manager Window and terminate the following process:
Step 2 – Delete Av360.exe files
Locate and delete the following files:
- Antivirus 360.Ink
- Uninstall Antivirus 360.Ink
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360\Registration.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360\Help.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360\Antivirus 360.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus 360
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\Antivirus 360.lnk
Note: %UserProfile% is a variable that refers to the repository that stores profile of a particular user. By default, the path is C:\Documents and Settings\[username]
Step 3 – Remove Av360.exe registry entry
Note: The following step requires you to edit the registry. You must perform this step carefully and as it is listed. A mistake committed while editing the registry may make your system unstable. Also, ensure that you make a registry backup before proceeding. You can back up the registry manually or you may use the help of a reliable registry cleaning tool, such as RegServe.
To remove the Av360.exe registry entry, run the regedit command to locate and delete the following registry entry: