Computer problems are mystical in nature and seem to appear out of nowhere. They have an uncanny ability to pop-up when you least expect them to. For example, you are quietly surfing the internet and everything is going fine, when suddenly an error message pops-up on your computer screen saying “iexplore.exe has encountered a problem”. You have no idea what did you do wrong or why this happened. You need not panic. This is one of the most common categories of computer application errors known as EXE errors in action and is known to often trouble computer users around the world.
So what are these EXE errors anyway? Can they be prevented? Do you need to seek the assistance of an expensive computer expert to resolve these problems or can you resolve EXE errors yourself? Given below is detailed information on EXE errors, including their origin, types of common EXE errors and their solutions so that next time you encounter them, you know exactly what to do.
EXE errors originate when there is some kind of problem related to EXE files or Executable files. These files are very important and make today’s computing fast and efficient. All software manufacturers use EXE files abundantly in their applications. The cumulative effect is that your computer has thousands of EXE files at any given point in time. Just like any other computer file, these files too can become infected, broken, corrupt or incompatible with each other. When any of this happens, it leads to EXE errors.
Let us examine some of the common EXE errors that often create problems for users:
- iexplorer exe error“Iexplore.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” This problem is usually caused when one or more of the spyware or virus is residing on your computer.
- svchost exe error“Windows cannot find ‘c:/windows/system/programas/svchost.exe’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.” If you are getting this message, then it is highly likely that your PC is infected with viruses or Trojans. To find a svchost exe error fix, you must clean your system using a reliable anti-virus tool and follow it up with a registry cleaner.
- rtvscan exe error“Rtvscan.exe – Application Error: The instruction at “0x77fcc8e1″ referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written or read. Click OK to terminate the program, or cancel to debug the program.” This EXE file belongs to Norton Anti-virus and this problem occurs if you do not have Direct X 8.1 installed on your machine.
- system 32 exe error“Cannot find C:\Windows\System32\System32.exe” If you receive this error message at computer start-up, your computer has been infected by a virus.
Steps to Fix EXE error
As observed in the above examples, one of the main causes of EXE error is malware. So you must follow the steps listed below to solve these types of EXE problems.
- Always install the best and most efficient anti-virus and anti-spyware tools and use them regularly.
- Install a Firewall to deter malware.
- Stay safe by adopting cautious computing practices. For instance, stay away from unknown emails, attachments, dubious looking sites, freeware and so on.
- Always clean your Windows registry regularly as most malware make changes in them and just using an anti-virus tool is not adequate enough to get rid of the problem.