What is loadqm.exe?
Loadqm.exe is also known as MSN Queue Manager and is associated with MSN Explorer or MSN Messenger. The loadqm.exe process may also get installed on your Windows PC when you perform system updates.
By default, the folder is located in the C:\Windows folder and its size is 7,536 bytes. You may find an entry related to this file in the registry in the following location:
Loadqm.exe is added to the Startup folder and loads automatically when you start your computer.
Is it safe to remove loadqm.exe from the startup programs?
Yes, it is safe to remove this process from your startup sequence. Preventing loadqm.exe from starting automatically does not have ill effects on Microsoft products, such as MSN Queue Manager and MSN Messenger.
Loadqm.exe high CPU Consumption Problem
One complaint that many computer users have against the loadqm.exe process is that it often consumes a disproportional amount of system resources, causing system slowdown and freeze up problems.
To repair this problem, you need to remove loadqm.exe from your startup programs. You need to perform the following steps to stop loadqm.exe from loading automatically:
- Open the Start menu and click the Run command.
- In the Open box, type msconfig and press Enter.
- In the System Configuration Utility box, click the Startup tab and clear the box before LoadQM.
- Next, click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
The loadqm.exe process may reappear as one of your background processes the next time you start MSN Explorer or MSN Messenger. To remove this process completely, you need to remove its entry in the registry and all its files.
You may perform the following steps to remove entry of loadqm.exe form your registry:
Note: The steps discussed below require you to edit registry. Only proceed with these steps if you are comfortable working with the Windows registry. Remember, any incorrect changes done to the registry may cause irreparable damage to your system or registry. You must also make a backup of the registry before proceeding. You can do this manually or use the help of an advanced registry cleaner, such as RegServe.
- Go to Start and click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit and then press Enter to open the Registry Editor window.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor window, locate the following entry:
- Next, delete the following string value:
- Restart your computer.
After you have removed the entry related to loadqm.exe from your registry, you need to remove the files associated with this process. You need to perform the following steps:
- Open the My Computer window.
- Here, on the Tools menu, select the Folder Options command.
- Next, click the View tab and select the Show hidden files and folders checkbox.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Next, in the My Computer window, browse to C:\Program Files and delete the QMgr folder.
Note: By default Program files is located in C drive. If this is not the case, use the Search command in the Start menu to locate the Program files folder.
- Finally, search and delete the following files from the system:
Unnecessary startup programs can adversely affect the performance of your computer. These programs not only slow down the startup and slowdown processes, but also deteriorate the overall performance of your computer. To prevent this situation, you need to disable all non-essential startup programs on your computer. You can either use the System Configuration Utilities in Windows or a reliable third-party startup program manager utility to do the job. RegServe comes with a startup programs manager feature that makes it really easy to manage startup programs.