What is Ifrmewrk.exe?
The ifrmewrk.exe process belongs to Intel PRO/Set Wireless Software. This process places an icon in your system tray that allows quick access to this software.
Do not terminate this process, as it may adversely affect the way your Intel PRO/Set Wireless Software functions.
By default, the ifrmewrk.exe is located in C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin folder. The most common size of this file is 385,024 bytes. The other known sizes of the ifrmewrk.exe file are 602,182 bytes, 696,320 bytes, 970,752 bytes, 700,416 bytes, 974,848 bytes, 14,864 bytes, 28,974 bytes, and 14,860 bytes.
Ifrmewrk.exe Startup Information
By default, the ifrmewrk.exe process runs automatically at system startup. This process needs to load automatically for proper functioning of your Intel PRO/Set Wireless Software.
If for some reason, the ifrmewrk.exe does not start automatically, you can perform the following steps to have this process load automatically:
- Click Start and then Run.
- In the Open box, type the msconfig command and press Enter.
- Next, click the Startup tab in the System Configuration Utility dialog box.
- Under Startup Item list, locate and select ifrmewrk.exe.
- Next, click Apply and then OK.
- Restart your computer.
Discussed below are two ifrmewrk.exe errors that you may encounter when you load your system and their solutions.
Error Message 1
“ifrmewrk.exe – Application error
The instruction at "0x023a9d042 referenced at "0x001c0000"
the memory could not be "read".”
Clicking OK in the error dialogue box may cause all your Desktop icons and the Start menu to temporarily disappear.
Cause of the Error
This ifrmewrk.exe application error may occur due to the following reasons:
- Ifrmewrk.exe process is trying to write in a memory area that is assigned to another process.
- Malware infection.
- Memory cell is corrupt.
Depending on the cause of the above error, you can perform any of the following steps to fix the error:
Step 1 – Perform Selective Startup
Restart your PC in the Safe Mode and if you do not get the above error on system startup, perform the following steps to rectify the error:
- Open the System Configuration Utility dialog box and click the Startup tab.
- Clear all startup options except your antivirus and antimalware applications.
- Reboot your system in Normal Mode.
- Next, click the Startup tab in the System Configuration Utility dialog box and select the first option.
- Reboot your system and check if the above error occurs.
- If the error does not appear, repeat the steps 4 and 5 until you identify the startup item that is causing memory conflict.
- Disable the conflicting startup item and select the rest items in your startup list and restart your PC.
Step 2 – Perform Malware Scan
If the above error is occurring due to malware infection, scan your entire system using advanced antimalware tools, such as Antivirus Plus and Spyware Cease to get rid of malware programs from your system.
Step 3 – Run a Memory Test Program
Last but not least, download a reliable memory test program from the Internet and run it to determine if a particular memory cell has become corrupt. If the scan results show a damaged memory cell, we recommend you install new RAM on your machine.
Error Message 2
“Failure to start ifrmewrk.exe due to missing PsRegApi.dll”
“Failure to start ZCfgSvc.exe due to missing PfMgrApi.dl”
To resolve this issue uninstall and reinstall your Intel wireless drivers using the device manager utility. If you have outdated drivers, you may use an automatic driver update tool, such as Driver Finder to search for the latest driver for Intel wireless and then install it on your computer.