Jqsnotify.exe – File Information
Jqsnotify.exe is a Java Quick Starter process. By default, its file location is C:\ ProgramFiles\Java\jre6\bin\jqsnotify.exe and its file size is 48 KB.
Jqsnotify.exe – Startup Information
By default, the jqsnotify.exe process loads automatically when you start your system. However, jqsnotify.exe is not an essential process and can be easily loaded manually when required.
To disable jqsnotify.exe from loading automatically, perform the following steps:
- Go to Start and select the Run command.
- Type msconfig in the Open box and press Enter.
- Next, click the Startup tab in the System Configuration Utility dialog box.
- Locate and clear the box next to jqsnotify.exe.
- Next, click Apply to save your changes and then OK to close the System Configuration Utility dialog box.
- Restart your computer.
Jqsnotify.exe Application Error
You may encounter the following error when you open your Mozilla Firefox browser:
“jqsnotify.exe – Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point [email protected]@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll”
Cause of the Error
The error is known to occur due to problems with Java Quick Starter 1.0 in the FireFox addons.
To resolve the error, you need to disable the Java Quick Starter 1.0 add-on in FireFox. You can do this by using any of the following two methods:
Method 1 – Using Java Shield Option in Control Panel
- Click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click on the Java shield icon.
- Next, go to Advanced and select Miscellaneous.
- Finally, clear Java Quick Starter.
Method 2 – Using Add-ons Manager in FireFox
- Click OK to close the error dialog box and to open Firefox browser window.
- Next, select the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Clear Java Quick Starter.
Jqsnotify.exe 100% CPU Usage Issue
Jqsnotify.exe may slow your system considerably or frequently cause your system to freeze because of its high CPU consumption. If you do not use Java, you can safely remove this process.
To terminate the jqsnotify.exe process, perform the following steps:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Windows Task Manager window.
- Here, click the Processes tab.
- Locate and Select jqsnotify.exe.
- Next, click the End Process tab.
After you have terminated the jqsnotify.exe process, remember to remove this process from your startup sequence, using the msconfig command. Otherwise, the jqsnotify.exe process will load again the next time you start your computer and cause system slow down issues.
After you have terminated the jqsnotify.exe process and removed it from your startup sequence; you need to delete the jqsnotify.exe file to complete the removal process.
Use the Search command in the Start menu to locate and delete the jqsnotify.exe file.
Is jqsnotify.exe a system threat?
No, jqsnotify.exe is a safe process and until now is not known to be associated with any malware program.
However, many malware programs, such as virus, worm, spyware, and trojan give their processes similar names as legitimate processes. For instance, it is possible that a malware may place a rogue process with the name jqnotify.exe, jqssnotify.exe, or jqqsnotify.exe on your computer to escape detection. If you suspect a rogue process is running on your computer, we recommend you to go through your current processes and see if any unsolicited process is running.
In case you do find an unsolicited process running, we recommend you run a malware scan of your entire system, using robust antimalware tools, such as Antivirus Plus and Spyware Cease to delete all traces of the rogue process from your computer. Follow up with a registry cleanup with the help of a reliable tool, such as RegServe, to ensure no malware registry entry is left behind.