What is smitfraudfix.exe?
The smitfraudfix.exe file is associated with a security tool, called SmitFraudFix. This tool is used to remove various malware programs that several popular commercial protective tools fail to remove from an infected PC. Smitfraudfix.exe is used to launch the main application window of SmitFraudFix.
What is the need of SmitFraudFix?
Although popular commercial protective tools immensely help you in protecting and removing malware from your system, they too have their limitations. There are certain malware codes, such as MalwareWipePro and SpyMarshal which these protective tools fail to detect or remove.
This is where SmitFraudFix comes into the picture because it is designed to effectively deal with malware that popular protective tools fail to address.
List of malware that SmitFraudFix addresses
Shared below is the list of some of the malware infections that SmitFraudFix is known to fix:
Are SmitFraud and SmitFraudFix the same thing?
No, they are not. In fact, they couldn’t be more different.
SmitFraudFix, as discussed above is a specialty tool designed to remove malware programs, whereas, SmitFraud is a security threat.
SmitFraud is a trojan that disguises itself as an antispyware program. When in truth it issues fake warning messages and popups to fool users into buying its full version. SmitFraud is one of the many programs that SmithFraudFix is known to remove.
How to remove SmitFraud, using SmitFraudFix?
To fix SmitFraud and other malware, using SmitFraudFix perform the steps discussed below:
A Word of Caution: A certain degree of technical knowledge is required to use SmitFraudFix, primarily because the removal steps include registry cleanup. You may want to make a registry backup before proceeding. This will allow you to restore the registry to its previous state in case any complication occurs.
You can back up the registry either manually or with the help of an efficient registry cleaning tool, such as RegServe. If you are not familiar with the registry or its purpose, we recommend you seek technical guidance before running this tool.
- Download SmitFraudfix.exe by clicking on the SmitFraudFix Download Link.
- Save the SmitFraudFix.exe file on your desktop.
- Next, Restart your PC. Press F8 as soon as your computer restarts (when you hear the first beep).
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode option and press Enter to load your computer in Safe mode.
- Next, double-click the Smitfraudfix.exe file you saved to the Desktop to launch the application.
- When prompted to enter a specific character, type 2 and press Enter to initiate the cleaning process.
Note: The cleaning process involves removal of TMP format files, Temporary Internet files and other files that the software finds to be associated with the malware infection.
- When prompted for instruction whether you want to clean the system registry, click Yes.
Cleaning the registry is the last stage of the malware removal process, after which SmitFraudFix will proceed to restart your computer in normal mode. A log file will be displayed on startup containing a list of the files that the SmitFraudFix software deleted.
Steps to prevent malware from entering your system
Shared below are some useful safe Internet practices that help you in preventing malware from infiltrating your computer’s security:
- Install reliable antimalware tools, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease on your system and regularly update your protective tools with the latest virus definitions and security updates.
- Install a Firewall.
- Do not download software or applications from dubious websites.
- Read the End User License Agreement before installing any new software on your computer.
- Use a registry cleaning tool, such as RegServe to regularly backup and clean your registry.