In the field of medicine it is said that if you diagnose a disease correctly, you have already done half the treatment. This is also true while solving problems associated with your computer. Unlike in the medical field though, you need not be an expert to find the cause of the problem. This is because your computer makes an attempt to communicate to you whenever it is having some kind of trouble. Mostly, this communication is in the form of computer error messages that are displayed whenever an error occurs.
Unfortunately, the communication that was designed to help solve the problem usually only aggravates the problem. Most error messages have the potential to scare you, confuse you, or do both at the same time. These messages may force you to interpret that the situation is worse than it actually is. This is particularly true of software-related errors, which most of the time, can be fixed within a few minutes.
Today, we are going to understand errors known as EXE errors and equip you with knowledge that will help you deal with them. An EXE problem can occur due to errors in EXE file or executable files. Every application uses EXE files to run codes that enable them to perform various tasks on your computer.
At any given time, there are hundreds of EXE files on your computer. These files make your operating system and all the applications on your system efficient and user-friendly. Because they are present in such large numbers, there is always a small possibility that something may go wrong.
Common examples of EXE Error Messages
- iexplore exe error message – “ Iexplore.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- svchost exe error message – “Windows cannot find ‘c:/windows/system/programas/svchost.exe’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.”
Reasons behind EXE Errors
There can be several causes of EXE problems. Some of the most common causes are:
- Virus and Spyware: EXE files are a favorite target of malicious software as this is the easiest way to disrupt the normal functioning of a computer. Some of the viruses even come disguised under the name of EXE files to lure you into downloading them by mistake.
- Conflict between EXE files: There have been instances when executable files of two different programs do not like each other which leads to interference with the normal functioning of your computer
- Broken or corrupt files: Sometimes during a download, the Internet may get disconnected and the files of the application may become corrupt or only a part of the file may be downloaded. These issues can also lead to EXE problems.
Tips to Prevent and Fix EXE Errors
- Use only reliable anti-malware tools: You must install only the best quality anti-virus and anti-spyware tools. You must update their definitions regularly and perform a complete system scan every week.
- Adopt good computing practices: Stay away from sources of malware such as dubious websites, attachments from unsolicited emails and freeware without credentials.
- Remove unnecessary applications: The more applications you have on your PC, the greater the chances of conflict errors among EXE files. So, get rid of programs you do not need anymore.
- Maintain your Windows registry: A good registry cleaner helps you repair many application errors including common EXE errors.