The viewpointservice.exe process is a part of the ViewPoint Software, and it advertises through a toolbar, media player and Viewpoint Manager. Viewpointservice.exe is also a media player plug-in. The program is usually downloaded along with other valid programs. The advertising function of viewpointservice.exe is a cause of concern for many users and many consider the program to be an adware.
If you find viewpointservice.exe process and the associated Viewpoint software troublesome, you disable and then remove the software from your computer. The steps to do this, are listed below:
- Open Start, select Run, type taskmgr, and then press Enter to display the Task Manager window. You can also open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del or Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination.
- On the Processes in Task Manager, search for ViewpointService.exe and ViewMgr.exe processes.
- Select on both one-by-one and click the End Process button to kill these processes.
- Exit the Task Manager window.
- Open Start, select Run, type services.msc, and then press Enter to display the Services management console window.
- On the Extended tab, search for the Viewpoint Manager Service.
- Double-click Viewpoint Manager Service to display its properties dialog box.
- On the General tab, click the Stop button.
- Next, change the Startup type to Disabled.
- Click Apply and then click OK to save your changes and exit the properties dialog box.
- Next, open the Control Panel and from here open the Add or Remove Programs utility.
- Next, remove all programs referring to Viewpoint–Viewpoint, Viewpoint Manager, and Viewpoint Media Player.
- Open Windows Explorer and delete
C:\Program Files\ViewManager\ and C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\ folders.
To ensure complete removal of the software, you can choose to use an efficient third-party program uninstaller tool, such as Perfect Uninstaller. This tool is designed to perform a thorough scan of the system and the registry to ensure that no information related to the unwanted program is left behind. You may also follow up the removal process with a thorough registry clean up with the help of a robust registry tool, such as RegServe to weed out any left behind information.
To ensure that your PC stays free from malware programs, you must run regular scans with effective antivirus and anti-spyware programs. As malware authors introduce new variants, antivirus and anti-spyware developers create more powerful tools to meet malware head-on and remove them. This is the reason why it is recommended that you update your antimalware tools on regular basis.
Most of us have a lot of sensitive and personal information on our computers. To keep this information safe, it is essential to keep the malware out. For this, you must make scanning the system for viruses and spyware a regular habit.