There are different types of errors that you as a computer user are likely to encounter. These errors can broadly be classified as:
- Hardware errors: Any error related to tangible parts, components, wires and so on.
- Software errors: Any error related to operating system, applications, and device drivers.
- Maintenance problems: Errors related to dust, power outage, power surge and so on.
- Human Errors: Often humans are likely to be cause of the errors as they do not follow proper guidelines and processes.
- Malware problems: Computers are susceptible to attacks from the online world which may lead to errors and problems.
Among these errors, some of the problems, especially hardware-related issues are usually best left to the experts. On the other hand, a large number of software issues like errors related to EXE files can be solved if the user spends some time in understanding the root of the problem and learns easy steps to resolve them.
EXE or executable files are used by computer applications to perform pre-defined tasks quickly by running program codes on your computer. EXE errors are caused due to various reasons. They also have different effects on your computer. For example, errors related to the rundll32.exe file may occur due to a missing or corrupt file, which may or may not be a result of a virus attack. This error can lead to startup problems on your PC. Other issues like dlg.exe problems are known to cause deterioration in computer performance and you may need to disable that particular process. Major causes of EXE errors can be listed as:
- Malware infections such as virus, worms, and spyware.
- Invalid, broken, corrupt or out-of-date files or drivers.
- Conflict between EXE files of various programs.
You can minimize the probability of EXE errors by using protective tools such as anti-virus and anti-spyware tools. These are your best bet against EXE errors caused by malware infections. In order to extract the best out of these tools, you need to use them optimally and regularly. You also need to adopt good computer practices, especially while using the Internet by staying away from any potential sources of virus and spyware. You also need to use a good Internet connection to ensure smoother downloads without any broken or corrupt files that may cause errors later on.
It is a fact that there are thousands of EXE files on a computer and any of them can develop an error at any time. Even many experts agree that after taking all precautions, EXE errors are sometimes unavoidable. In this scenario, you must not only know how to avoid them, but also how to fix these errors. Many online sources provide an EXE error directory to help users find solutions to these errors. When you encounter an EXE error you can begin by researching about the error in these directories and follow the prescribed solution.
Additionally, you can also choose to employ the services of a reliable registry cleaner, such as RegServe, to automatically scan and repair incorrect registry entries that might be causing EXE errors on your PC.