Computer errors come in all sizes and shapes. They can be caused by different reasons but can be mainly classified into: hardware issues, software problems, human errors and external factors.
Out of these, software problems are the most common error encountered by users. At the same time, they are the ones which are relatively easy to solve if the right kind of knowledge and tools are applied. Therefore, it is wise to try and fix software problems yourself before handing your PC over to a computer shop. If you take the right approach, chances are that you will rarely need to spend money on solving software errors.
EXE files are very important for our computers. These files are written to accomplish a task when they are run. They make our computers what they are today ? efficient and effective. Every software manufacturer uses EXE files extensively to make their programs work efficiently. When you work on your PC, hundreds of EXE files are working in tandem to follow your commands. Since computers are so dependent upon EXE files, any error can disrupt an application or operating system. EXE files are like any other file in a computer when it comes to their vulnerability to errors. The sheer number of these files increases the probability of an EXE problem.
Example of an EXE error message:
?Iexplore.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.?
What causes EXE errors?
Although EXE errors can be caused due to various reasons, some of the more popular reasons are:
- Virus: This is the number one reason behind EXE errors. EXE files are soft targets for viruses as they allow the viruses to cause disruption in a computer just by infecting one file.
- Spyware: Another type of malware which tries to monitor your internet behavior or steal your information. In order to do this, they attack EXE files and modify them to their advantage.
- Conflicting EXE files: Many times, there is a conflict between two EXE files belonging to different software programs and it leads to EXE errors.
- Corrupt or Broken EXE files: Some EXE files may become corrupt due to problems in the hard disk or windows registry. At times, files may become unusable while downloading from the internet due to a bad connection.
Methods to Fix EXE errors:
- Clean your computer of all malware using reliable anti-virus and anti-spyware tools. Make it a weekly ritual to thoroughly scan your system to weed out potential threats.
- Follow cautious computing techniques. See everything that is unknown or dubious with suspicion and stay away from them whether it is an email, a file, a website or software.
- Make sure that your computer has a Firewall installed to keep malware and hackers away.
- Use a good internet connection so that there are fewer instances of broken or corrupt EXE files that create problems.
- Use a registry cleaner to root out errors that have made changes to your registry. In addition to fixing EXE errors, a registry cleaner can help you perform a complete PC error fix.