What is SDFix.exe?
SDFix.exe is a protective software created by Andy Manchesta. It is designed to effectively detect and remove various trojans and worms from a Windows computer.
You can view the ?SDFix Changelog for a complete list of malware programs that this software removes.
SDFix.exe works with the following versions of the Windows operating system:
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
Does SDFix.exe work in Normal Mode?
No, it doesn?t. To use SDFix.exe, you need to boot your system in Safe Mode and log in with Administrative rights.
How to use SDFix.exe?
To perform a malware scan on Windows XP and Windows 2000 PCs using the SDFix.exe virus removal tool, you need to first download the program and then run this program in Safe Mode.
Note: Before proceeding with the steps mentioned below, ensure you are logged in with an administrator account.
- Download SDFix.exe from the Internet and save the program on your desktop.
- Next, double-click on the SDFix.exe file to run it.
- After the installation program finishes extracting the SDFix program, reboot your system in Safe Mode.
- Next, click on the Start menu and select Run.
- In the Open box, type the command and press Enter.
Here, C:\SDFix is the default folder where SDFix.exe extracts its files.
- Next, press the Y key to accept the disclaimer and then press Enter to run this program.
The program will now scan your PC for infection. This may take several minutes.
- After SDFix has completed the scanning, press any key to reboot your system.
On reboot, SDFix will start automatically and perform one last malware check on your PC.
- When you receive the message that SDFix has finished scanning, press any key to continue.
A view log will appear on your screen. Go through it to see which programs were removed from your PC.
Examples of Common Errors that SDFix.exe fixes
Note: To fix the errors discussed below you need to start your computer in Safe Mode and log in with administrative rights.
Error Message 1
?The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator.
Press any key to continue?
To fix the above error, perform the following steps:
- Click Start and then Run.
- Copy and paste the following command in the Open box.
%systemdrive%\ SDFix\apps\swreg IMPORT %systemdrive%\ SDFix\apps\Enable_Command_Prompt.reg
- Press Enter and double-click on the Sdf.exe icon to run it again.
On Windows XP and Windows 2000 computers, the Command Prompt flashes and then turns off.
To repair this issue, perform the following steps:
- Go to Start and select Run.
- In the Open box, copy and paste the below listed command and press Enter.
%systemroot%\system32\cmd.exe /K %systemdrive%\ SDFix\apps\FixPath.exe
- Next, press the Y key and then Enter.
- Restart your PC and double-click on the SDFix icon to run the program again.
Is using SDFix.exe enough to tackle malware programs?
No, it isn?t. Remember SDFix only helps you get rid of certain malware programs from your PC. It is an effective program, but its range, both in terms of the service it provides and the malware it removes is limited. You should use SDFix.exe in removing the malware it claims to tackle, but should not use this tool as your primary protective tool.
To prevent malware from entering your system in the first place, it is imperative that you install reliable antimalware tools, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease. Also, do not forget to install a firewall on your system to monitor the traffic that enters or leaves your computer.