The problem with outsourcing computer help is that you never get to know what went wrong or how to fix the problem on your own.
As a thumb rule, you must first try to ascertain the reason behind a computer problem. If you are able to verify that the problem is related to software or computer application, you must try and resolve it yourself before calling on an expert. This is the only durable solution to your computer problems and will not cost you any money and will make you more knowledgeable the next time you face a computer error.
One such type of software error that can be very irritating are EXE errors, or Executable File errors. Almost every user is familiar with this type of error and has most likely encountered it at some time. However, not many people are aware that EXE errors can be avoided to a large extent. In order to understand how to avoid and fix EXE errors, we must know what the causes them.
EXE errors come from Executable files which are a vital part of any software in today?s world. These files are used to accomplish a specified task like running a program at a click of a mouse. Since these files can run codes on your computer, they are immensely popular among software manufacturers. Any problem with these files has a huge damage potential and therefore, these errors cannot be ignored.
EXE files can encounter errors when they are infected, broken, corrupt or incompatible with other EXE files.
Some of the common EXE errors include:
- iexplore.EXE application error?Iexplore.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.?The reason behind this application error is usually a spyware.
- svchost.exe error ?Windows cannot find ?c:/windows/system/programas/svchost.exe?. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.?This again is caused by malware infection, most probably a virus or a worm.
- kernel exe errorThis is a core Windows file and problems with this file may occur due to many reasons such as corrupt software, malfunctioning hardware, malware infections and registry problems.
Tips to Avoid EXE Errors
- Use malware prevention tools regularly, and always keep the definitions updated and use the latest version of these tools.
- Do not connect to the internet or any other network without installing a firewall.
- Never leave your PC connected to internet when you are not using it.
- Stay away from dubious emails, fake websites, and unknown freeware.
- Install a good quality Windows registry cleaner and use it regularly to scan and repair your registry.
- Remove unnecessary programs from your system so that there are fewer chances of conflicts between files.